When you’re out expanding your network as a financial advisor and meeting new people, you’ll quickly notice the importance of remembering names. It’s a sign of respect and sends a signal that you care. It’s difficult to make a great impression and accelerate relationships if you can’t even remember someone’s name!
In this episode of the Stephen and Kevin Show, we’ll tackle these 7 ways to improve your name memory:
1. Make a conscious effort to truly listen.
2. Associate their name with someone else you know.
3. Associate their name with a unique personal feature.
4. Ask them to spell it aloud.
5. Connect on social media.
6. Repeat their name back to them.
7. Just write it down.
Dale Carnegie once said, “Remember that a person’s name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.” Hopefully, with a few of these tricks up your sleeve, you’ll soon be impressing your new contacts and approaching your social networking with supreme confidence.
Ready to step-up your social media game? Consider our Social Media Outsourcing Program…
A social media marketing manager would cost $60,000 a year, plus benefits. We’re only $6,000/year and you don’t even have to invite us to your holiday party.
- We curate the latest and greatest social media content on the web and post regularly on your behalf. We’ll even work with compliance.
- We interact with your clients, COIs, and prospects across your social networking sites. This strategy is all about top-of-mind awareness.
- We run Facebook and Instagram ads designed to drive engagement and capture lead information.
- We leverage LinkedIn to start conversations with prospects on your behalf.
- And much more!